Seeing a Dallas podiatrist for foot care is important if you have a condition such as diabetes. A variety of foot complications can result from diabetes, and these should not be ignored. Seeing a Dallas podiatrist on a regular basis as part of your diabetes management can help prevent problems from developing and becoming serious. You should also see a podiatrist if there are any noticeable changes in your feet.
The Importance of Routine Checkups
A Dallas podiatrist can examine your feet and diagnose any diabetes-related foot problems. Many diabetic patients have issues such as:
- Nerve damage
- Wounds that do not heal or are slow to heal
- Limited mobility
- Poor circulation
Seeing a Dallas podiatrist for a routine checkup can help prevent these issues from progressing. Your foot doctor can check your feet to detect problems and recommend treatments based on your needs and condition. An experienced Dallas podiatrist is able to help prevent foot problems, diagnose diabetes-related foot issues, and help manage any problems with your feet.
Foot Care Handled by a Dallas Podiatrist
In addition to routine checkups, an experienced Dallas podiatrist can perform a wide range of foot care services. If you have diabetes and attempt to cut your own toenails or remove corns or calluses, you may cut yourself. If the wound doesn’t heal properly, the area could become infected. A foot doctor can perform these services in their office to ensure they are done properly, so you don’t experience any complications.
Some services offered by a podiatrist include:
- Shoe fitting and custom orthotics. A podiatrist can determine what type of shoe will work best for your feet and help you select appropriate styles to meet your needs. They can also recommend the use of a custom orthotic to help with any foot conditions.
- Wound care. Wound care is very important for diabetic patients. A wound that does not heal properly can become infected. This can result in serious complications. A Dallas podiatrist can care for your foot wounds, so they heal before becoming more serious.
- Toenail trims. It can be difficult to trim your toenails straight across and not cut the skin surrounding the nail. A podiatrist can cut your toenails properly to avoid problems such as ingrown toenails.
- Callus or corn removal. Calluses and corns can be removed by a skilled Dallas podiatrist. Attempting to do this at home can result in cuts that may not heal.
In addition, an experienced foot doctor can teach you proper foot care and how to do daily checks of your feet. A podiatrist can alert you to any signs of a foot problem, so you do not experience any serious issues.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Dallas Podiatrist Today!
If you are experiencing problems with your feet or need foot care services by an experienced Dallas podiatrist, contact Alliance Foot & Ankle Specialists for help. To request an appointment in our Grapevine or Keller office, fill out our convenient online contact form, or call our office today.