Foot pain is no joke. If you suffer from chronic foot pain, walking and/or standing can be difficult and excruciating. In the guide below, our Southlake podiatrist explains how wearing the right shoes can help your pain.
Choosing the Best Shoes for Chronic Foot Pain
Wearing the right type of shoes can make a big difference to your feet. Comfortable shoes for chronic foot pain can help prevent pain and provide support where you need it most.
A Guide to Comfort: What to Look For
- Avoid shoes that have high heels or pointed toes. Instead, look for shoes with a low heel and a wide-toe box. This will help distribute your weight more evenly and take pressure off your toes.
- Make sure the shoes you choose have good arch support. If you have high arches, look for shoes with extra cushioning in the arch area. If you have flat feet, look for shoes with firmer arch support.
- Pay attention to the materials the shoes are made from. Leather and canvas are usually better for foot health than synthetic materials such as vinyl or plastic.
- If you are going to be on your feet all day, our Southlake podiatrist recommends choosing comfortable shoes with solid support, even if they’re not the most stylish options. If you can wear tennis shoes or sneakers, your feet with thank you.
- Don’t forget to break-in new shoes gradually. Whether they are flats or sneakers, new shoes can cause blisters and other types of painful irritation. To avoid this, start by wearing new shoes for only 30 minutes at a time, and gradually increase the amount of time you spend in them each day until they’re comfortable to wear all day long.
If you are in the Southlake, TX, area, visit the Heavenly Steps Footwear Store at Alliance Foot & Ankle Specialists for a wide selection of shoes to address your specific needs. You can find quality comfort shoes from top brands such as Vionic, Apex, Brooks, and more. Our experienced shoe fitter can help you find the correct shoes for your chronic foot pain.
Treating Chronic Foot Pain With the Help of a Southlake Podiatrist
Our experienced Southlake podiatrist can recommend the correct type of shoes for your feet and offer a variety of treatments to help you find relief from your chronic foot pain. Some treatment options include:
- Custom orthotics
- Corticosteroid injections
- Physical therapy
- Nerve stimulation therapy
- MLS laser therapy
- Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology
Contact Our Foot Doctor in Southlake for a Consult
If you have signs of an infected foot wound, don’t wait to seek treatment when you can contact Alliance Foot & Ankle Specialists for a consultation today. Our Southlake foot doctor can discuss treatment options for your foot wound and create a plan based on your needs. To request an appointment, contact our Grapevine or Keller office by filling out our convenient contact form or by calling our office at 817-481-4000.